TP-Link Archer C50
Archer C50 is a dual-band router developed by TP-Link. Dual-band means it supports both 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band. You can connect more devices because of dual-band technology. It comes up with a USB port so that you can share audio, video files. It works on 802.11ac wireless technology rather than 802.11n. This makes it three times faster.It allows a fast speed of 1200 Mbps in dual-bands to ensure fast connectivity.
The Archer C50 box contains the following mentioned things:
- Archer C50 router
- Quick Installation Guide
- Installation CD
- Power adapter
- RJ45 cable
- Technical info booklet
Design and Features of the TP-Link Archer C50
It comes in black or grey with a glossy finishing. It has two antennas which are grey in colour. The LED indicators are on the front panel of the router.The WPS/ reset button, four Ethernet ports, USB port, Internet port, power on/off button and DC in are located on the back of the router.By using the USB port, you can share data with other devices on same network. You can also connect a USB printer and share it across other devices.
You can get speed of up to 300 Mbps with 2.4 GHz band and speed of up to 867 Mbps with 5 GHz band. You do not need to install any repeater if you have installed the Archer C50 in your home. The Wi-Fi range provided by the router is also very good.
How to install the Archer C50?
Follow the steps given below:
- 1. Plug in the router into a power outlet and switch on the router. Make sure the Power button is on.
- 2. Open the Wi-Fi settings by using your tablet or laptop or Smartphone.
- 3. Select the new Wi-Fi router network and enter the password. The default name and password are located on the back of the router.
- 4. After the connection has been established, open a web browser and type tplinkwifi.net in the address bar.
- 5. The setup page of the Archer C50 opens up. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. You can configure the router afterward by log in to the Tplink login page.
Now, we will discuss the DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol)
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
While you are configuring your router, you will see a DHCP menu. DHCP menu further has three submenus that are DHCP settings, DHCP Client List and Address Reservation.
We will discuss the DHCP settings and DHCP Client List in detail.
Go to DHCP menu then Click on DHCP Settings. You can configure the DHCP server.
The router is set up by default as a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server, which provides the TCP/IP configuration for all the PC(s) that are connected to the router on the LAN.
- DHCP Server: by this option, you can disable or enable the DHCP server. You must have another DHCP server within your network if you disable the DHCP server. If you do not have then you can manually configure the computer.( tplinklogin.net )
- Static IP address: the default address to start the DHCP server is 192.168.0.100. If you want to change then specify an IP address so that DHCP server can start.
- End IP address: the default address to end the DHCP server is 192.168.0.199. You can also specify the IP address to end the DHCP server when assigning IP addresses.
- Lease Time: The Lease Time is the amount of time a network user will be allowed connection to the router with their current dynamic IP Address. Enter the amount of time in minutes and the user will be "leased" this dynamic IP Address. After the time is up, the user will be automatically assigned a new dynamic IP address. The default lease time is 120 minutes and you can extend the value up to 2880 minutes.( tplinklogin.net )
- Default Gateway: the default gateway address is 192.168.0.1. This is optional but it is recommended to input the IP address of the Ethernet port of the router.
- Default Domain: This is also an optional attribute. In this, you can input the domain name of your network.( tplinklogin.net )
- DNS server: the ISP will provide you the DNS IP address. If you do not have it then contact the DNS server.
- Secondary DNS Server: If your Internet Service Provider provides two DNS servers then input the IP address of another DNS server.( tplinklogin.net )
DHCP Clients List
By using this feature, you can view the number of clients attached to the router and all other information related to them.
Go to DHCP then DHCP Client List.( tplinklogin.net )
- Client Name: this field shows the name of the DHCP client.
- MAC Address: this shows the MAC address of the DHCP client.
- Assigned IP: The IP address that the router has allocated to the DHCP client.