Tplink archer c7 Setup - / Fix
The model Archer C7 manufactured by Tplink Company is not an expensive router. But it performs much better than the expensive router. It has two USB 2.0 ports and four Gigabit LAN ports. It’s very easy to configure the settings of the router. A user guide is provided with the router so that you can read it whenever a problem occurs. You can try to resolve it yourself first then if not solved, you can contact the Tplink tech support team for further guidance. The only disadvantage we can have in the router is its web console. The icons on the web console are not so user-friendly and the response we get is slow.
Design and Features
It uses a 720 MHz CPU (Central Processing Unit) and is a dual-band router. It can provide you speed up to 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and up to 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. The design of Archer C7 is not much changed from its previous versions. It is black in color and have the following things:
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Three removable
- Four Gigabit LAN port
- A Gigabit WAN port
- ON/OFF button
- A WPS switch
- Two USB activity LEDs
- LED indicators for power, LAN ports, WAN port, WPS and radio bands activity.
Guest Network and some other features of Archer C7
It is a feature provided by Archer C7 which allows you to create a separate guest network for your guests with separate security key so that they are not able to access your private data. You can also set the bandwidth and set access time to control the internet access for each network. You can create your own access rules for the clients or your family members by using the parental control features. You can block the access of some of the websites which you do not want to be seen by your children or family members at home and clients in offices. Some of the other features provided by the router are port triggering, port forwarding, bandwidth control, VPN pass through and firewall settings and advanced routing. You can set the radio bands through dual-band selection feature. Either you can select 2.4 GHz band or 5 GHz band. You can change the time, update the firmware of the router, backup settings, view system logs and run network diagnostics. To do these changes go to system tools.
Performance of the router
The router uses Beamforming technology to check whether the data that is transmitted from one end and received at another are same or not. It can handle three lanes of data traffic at the same time. It can’t be able to handle multiple users at a time because it does not use MU-MIMO technology. So, lots of devices that are connected to the network have to wait for their turn. If tested in a crowded environment, the performance of the router goes well. It gives a speed of up to 360.6 Mbps on both of its channels. The speed and performance vary according to the height and distance.
Connecting to TP-LINK Router
Firstly, check the connection between HKBN wall plate and Tplink router. The LAN cable should be connected from HKBN wall plate to the internet port of Archer C7 router. Take another LAN cable and using this connect the computer LAN port to the router Ethernet port. When all the above mentioned things are done, turn on your computer system and also switch on the router.
Follow the steps given:
- Launch a web browser and type http://www.tplinkwifi.net or type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar located at the top of the browser window and press enter.
- Use default username and password to log in. The default username and password are admin and press ok after entering the details.
- To run the Quick setup, click on the next button.
- Archer C7 supports both radio bands that is 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. You have to choose one then click on the next button to proceed further.
- Create an SSID either for 2.4 GHz network or for 5 GHz network. Then choose the city under the region section. Enable the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK wireless security under Wireless security. Create a PSK password and click on next to finish the setup. All the steps you have to follow are same for both the bands after choosing one of them.
- To complete the Quick Setup, click on the reboot option.
- A dialog box appears; click ok to continue reboot process.
Switching your broadband Internet service to HKBN
Follow the steps to switch:
- Login with the default settings to the router setting page. Select WAN under the network.
- Under the WAN connection type, choose dynamic IP then click on the save button.
- Under WAN section, the IPv4 address displays when we return to the status page and in the same section Dynamic IP displays at the right.