What This Product Does
The Tplink Touch P5 router comes with a 4.3-inch touchscreen to easily install the router. It provides us a GUI (Graphical User Interface) nearly same as in iOS. It uses 3x3 MIMO technology. Because of this technology, it provides us exceptional range and speed. It is suitable for small offices or home. It also uses the 802.11ac standard wireless technology. The touchscreen has a resolution of 480x272 pixels. If you want high-performance Internet and easy installation then you have to buy Tplink touch P5 router. It gives a speed of 38Mbps at 10m for 2.4GHz band and 167.8Mbps at 10 m for the 5GHz band. The router has four built-in Gigabit ports to provide high-speed connection to all the devices connected to it.
- • It uses standard wireless technology IEEE 802.11a/b/g/ac/n.( tplinklogin.net )
- • It is a dual band router and provides speed of 600Mbps over 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps over 5GHz.
- • It uses beamforming technology. Beamforming means to project Wi-Fi signal in a specific direction or we can say in the direction of our laptop or desktop rather than in all directions. With this technology, a Wi-Fi signal becomes stronger and faster.( tplinklogin.net )
- • Guest Network: We can set up a separate account with different username and password by sharing our home or office network for our guests. We can control access to the data that we do not want to show to our guests.
- • Parental Control: this feature is used to establish restricted policies to access the internet for your children and other staff or family members.( tplinklogin.net )
- • It has a user-friendly interface that helps us in setting up the router, configuring the router and to check the status of the network.
- • It has a wall mounting design. So, you have to place it near a power outlet and mount it properly using the manual provided.
- • It has unbreakable touchscreen glass to protect the display.(tplinklogin.net)
- • You can share files and media through the USB port provided. It has one USB 2.0 port and one USB 3.0 port. You can also attach a printer and can remotely share files via FTP server.
- • It also supports IPv6.
Configure Touch P5 as a Router
Web-based utility and Touchscreen utility are the two configuration methods supported by Tplink Touch P5 router. For web-based utility method, you need to have a connection either wired or wireless between the device and your P5 router. You can configure all the functions like USB application, NAT forwarding, IPv6 connection, IPVT, and firmware upgrades through web-based utility by logging into the web-based management page. You can only configure common and main functions through touchscreen utility. But the advantage here is the configuration can be done easily within a few taps on the touchscreen.( tplinklogin.net )
To connect your Tplink Touchscreen P5, follow the steps given below:
1. Unpack the box of your Tplink touch P5 and firstly install the antennas properly and make them stand vertically. If the Internet connection is through an Ethernet cable then connect that cable directly to the internet port of your router and skip step 2, 3, 4.
2. Switch off your modem and remove its backup battery if it has one.
3. Take an Ethernet cable and connect the modem to the internet port of the touchscreen P5 router through this cable.
4. Plug in the modem and wait for about 2 minutes so that modem gets restart properly.
5. Now turn on the router and wait till its boot.
6. Connect the computer or device to your touch P5.
Option 1: Wired
Take an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port of the computer to the Ethernet port of the Tplink Touchscreen P5 router.( tplinklogin.net )
Option 2: Wireless
This method can be used by providing the default network name (SSID) and password in the respective fields of username and password. You can view the username and password on the product label at the bottom of the router.( tplinklogin.net )
Log into Your Touch P5
To log into the router, you can use either the web-based utility or touchscreen. It is recommended to use touch screen method to log in. You can easily manage the touch P5 through these methods.
Option 1: Through Touchscreen Utility (Recommended)
1. Press or tap the home button and slide to start the screen.
2. If it is the first time you are logging into the router then you have to set a new password and confirm new password in the fields given for the security purpose. Tap Save to save the new password and continue to follow the quick setup to install the router.( tplinklogin.net )
Option 2: Through Web-based Utility
You need an Internet browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome to access your account to change the settings of the router in this method.( tplinklogin.net )
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Check the status of TCP/IP protocol on your computer. If it is set to static IP address then change it so that it can take the IP address automatically.( tplinklogin.net )
2. Launch a web browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar of the browser window and press enter. A login screen appears asking for the username and password. Enter the default username and password as admin.( tplinklogin.net )
3. If it is for the first time you are performing this then you need to set a new username and password for your router. Enter the new username and password and confirm them in the confirmation field and Click on confirm button.( tplinklogin.net )